Craftsman Home Exterior: Element & Ways to Design
Exterior – A craftsman home exterior is a type of architecture that originated in the United States in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It is characterized by its use of natural materials, such as wood and stone, and its focus on craftsmanship and attention to detail.
Craftsman-style homes often have low-pitched roofs with wide eaves, exposed rafters, and decorative brackets. They may also have wide porches with tapered columns and stone or brick details. Other common features of craftsman-style homes include asymmetrical facades, large windows, and dormer windows.
Element of Craftsman Home Exterior
The home exterior design of houses like Craftsman has recently become a trending style in America there. This design style is quite simple but has its own characteristics. As for some of the elements that should be present in the characteristics of a craftsman home exterior design, here are the details:
- Natural materials: Wood, stone, and brick are often used in craftsman home exterior.
- Low-pitched roof: A low-pitched roof with wide eaves is a distinctive feature of the craftsman style.
- Exposed rafters: The rafters under the eaves of the roof are often left exposed, adding to the natural, organic look of the exterior.
- Decorative brackets: Brackets, corbels, and other decorative details are often used to add character to the exterior.
- Wide porch: A wide porch with tapered columns is a common feature of craftsman-style homes.
- Asymmetrical facade: Craftsman-style homes often have asymmetrical facades, with the front door centered and flanked by windows on either side.
- Large windows: Craftsman-style homes often have large windows to bring in natural light and create a sense of openness.
- Dormer windows: These windows, which protrude from the roof, are often used to add interest and light to the second floor of a craftsman-style home.
How To Design Craftsman Home Exterior?
To get the Craftsman design style on the home exterior, you really have to understand what needs to be done in decorating it. For example choosing natural materials, using natural colors, and understanding plantations can become art outside this home. According to design experts, here are some tips:
- Choose natural materials: Use wood, stone, and brick to give your home a natural, organic look.
- Use a mix of textures: Combine different materials, such as smooth stone and rough-hewn wood, to add interest to the facade.
- Include decorative details: Use decorative brackets, corbels, and other details to add character to the exterior.
- Use symmetry: Craftsman-style homes often have symmetrical facades, with the front door centered and flanked by windows on either side.
- Add a porch: A wide porch with tapered columns is a hallmark of the craftsman style. Use it to create a welcoming entrance to your home.
- Incorporate natural light: Use large windows and dormer windows to bring natural light into the home and create a sense of openness.
- Choose a color palette: Use warm, earthy colors, such as greens, browns, and reds, to complement the natural materials of the exterior.
- Consider landscaping: Use plants, trees, and other natural elements to create a cohesive look and add a touch of greenery to the exterior.
Now, what do you think about this design style? referring to art, low cost, simple style, or a design style that is trending in only a few countries?